The following statement discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site.
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Armorlogic, including personal information. "Personal information" is data that can be used to identify or describe an individual.
Personal information is collected when
- You register for an armorlogic.com account
- You make online purchases
- You request free products and services online
- You request support
- You submit questions or comments to us.
The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- Your first and last name
- Your company's name
- Your company's VAT or TAX registration number
- Your company's physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province)
- Your e-mail address which is also your armorlogic.com username
- Your telephone number
- Any other identifier that permits us to make physical or online contact with you
- Any information that we collect online from you and maintain in association with your account, such as:
- Order details and associated payment transactions
- Open and closed support cases
We do not store:
- Payment card information.
- Passwords in cleartext. Only hashes of passwords are stored.
Use of personal information
We use the personal information you provide to:
- Create and maintain your accounts
- Process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders and online registration
- Register your products and services
- Answer your questions
- Send you information and surveys if you have agreed that we do so
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
Sharing your personal information
Unless you consent, we will never share the personal information you provide to us except as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide service and to follow-up on product evaluation and downloads.
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- In anonymized form for research activities, including the production of aggregated and anonymized statistical reports.
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, or consolidation (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your choices about receiving e-mail
We make every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from us and/or our partners.
We may send you e-mail about your account, about the products you have purchased or received, to remind you about events for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. We may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information as described above when you create an armorlogic.com account and by editing your account settings.
Should we find a critical security issue with a product you have purchased we reserve the right to contact you anyway.
Cookies and information logging
We collect and/or log IP addresses, Internet domain names, the web browser and operating system used to access our web site, the files visited, the time spent in each file, and the time and date of each visit.
Security of your information
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Only the online payment provider has access to your payment card number during order processing. During the order processing you will be directed onto pages hosted by the online payment provider, whilst providing your payment information.
These pages are integrated in an iframe on our web site and maintain the look and feel of pages hosted by Armorlogic. To verify the address of the credit card information form right click it and select approppriate menu item depending on the browser you use.
When logged in to your armorlogic.com account and when you shop on our web site all information you input is encrypted and transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
We may make forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to our users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information. We reserve the right to take necessary action to preserve the integrity of such areas by removing content.
This site may contain links to other sites. We do not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from our web site.
How to access, modify or update your information
We give you the ability to access, modify or update your information at any time. Just log in to your armorlogic.com account to make changes.
If you have any questions about any of these practices or our use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us:
email: customer-service [at] armorlogic [dot] com
Changes to this privacy statement
Armorlogic reserves the right to change this policy from time to time. If changed in a material way a notice will be posted on our homepage for 30 days.